Associations, Societies and Federations
Click on the links to download the documents or visit the web-site.
Click on the tab to the left to view the portfolio of National Allotment Society Policies on Rents, Plot Sizes, Waiting Lists etc.
- Allotment Resources- a website dedicated to preserving the knowledge, culture and traditions associated with the allotment movement and amateur gardening
- Asian Hornets links to information from our beekeeping page
- Awards for All will give grants to allotment groups for items such as toilets etc that increase access to the site
- Beekeeping on allotments, advice from the BBKA
- Bumblebees - Information about encouraging those vital pollinators from the Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Compost, bonfires and waste disposal NAS leaflet
- Compost Toilets information from the Low Impact living Initiative and Centre for Alternative Technology
- Chemical use, the CPA and the Horticultural Trades Association have developed a course on the Safe Practice for Garden Chemicals. It is an online course (with certificate) and when you enroll you get a password to get online material - the cost is £10. Further details available here
- Creating a new allotment site NAS leaflet
- Flooding on the allotment and in the garden - NAS leaflet
- Hens on allotments, advice on caring for hens from the British Hen Welfare Trust; a useful leaflet can also be downloaded from the Garden Organic hens@home page.
- Food - advice from the Women's Institute on food handling at shows and events
- GDPR information from the ICO guidance for NAS members in the members area.
- Keeping hens and rabbits on allotments - NAS leaflet
- Honeybees and wild pollinators - NAS leaflet
- Potato Blight advice
- RSPCA advice on the Welfare of Animals on Allotments
- Rodent Control training
- Security advice from Leicestershire Police on "How to Protect your Allotment"
- Sheds and structures, Q and A produced by Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and NAS
- Volunteering England information about the Disclosure and Barring service for sites running childrens' activities
- Water use on allotments
- Wildlife on allotments
- Wildlife Gardening Forum
- You've got the power a quick and simple guide to community rights, including the Right to Bid, Community Asset Transfer and the Right to Reclaim Land.