Landlords and Councils
Click on the links to download the documents or visit the web-site.
Click on the tab to the left to view the portfolio of National Allotment Society Policies on Rents, Plot Sizes, Waiting Lists etc.
- Allotment Waiting lists 2013
- A Place to Grow 2010 edition, a supplement to Growing in the Community (see below) this document provides good practice guidance on how to make the most of existing allotment sites through good management of allotment portfolios and the relevant law and planning procedures concerning new allotment sites (has not been updated).
- APSE Allotments management training
- Beekeeping on allotments, advice from the BBKA
- Bumblebees - Information about encouraging those vital pollinators from the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, they work closely with many Local Authorities, providing advice and guidance on changing planting regimes to become more bee friendly. Their local authority pack can be found here http://bumblebeeconservation.org/get-involved/spring-into-action/ and is full of money saving initiatives for councils.
- Creating a new allotment site NAS leaflet
- Growing in the Community 2010 edition, This guide is intended to help stakeholders in allotments, including local authority officers, support organisations, allotment associations and individual plotholders, to understand the opportunities which allotments present for achieving multiple and inter-related benefits, and the advantages of working together to attain common goals.
- RSPCA advice on the Welfare of Animals on Allotments
- Security advice from Leicestershire Police on "How to Protect your Allotment"
- Sheds and structures, Q and A produced by DCLG and NAS
- Wildlife Gardening Forum