The National Allotment Society has recently joined forces with APSE (Association for Public Service Excellence) to provide training courses for officers within local authorities involved in managing allotments.
The courses provide practical advice and guidance on what is required from local authorities, will give officers an understanding of their legal and statutory responsibilities and discuss other issues such as - working with allotment associations with devolved management responsibilities and dealing with on-site problems.
Who Will Benefit?
- Allotment Officers
- Parks and Green Space managers
- Officers responsible for allotments
- Town clerks
- Other Officers in allotments
Outcomes of the day
- Understand what is involved in managing allotments
- Awareness of what is changing in the sector
- Roles and responsibilities of all parties
- Recognise the wider impact of allotments on health and well being
- Hear first-hand experiences from the sector
- Address practical day-to-day problems
- Discuss best practice and good example models
- Signposting for additional help
- Provide delegates with the tools and self confidence to manage allotments
Click on the link to check for up and coming courses from APSE Managing Allotments
For more information on APSE and the courses available contact Jan Kennedy: email@example.com or 0161-772-1810(Office) or 07764-252-107 (Mobile)